中国对外贸易经济合作企业协会China Foreign Trade and Economic Co-operation Enterprises Association (China Shippers’Association) ，简称“中国外经贸企协”, 成立于1989年10月。本会是经国务院批准，由原对外贸易经济合作部举办，民政部注册登记的具有独立法人资格的全国性社会团体。协会被民政部授予4A级全国先进社会组织。
一、围绕外经贸行业的难点、热点等问题开展理论探讨和调查研究，提出意见和建议, 供政府部门决策或立法提 供参考依据。
三、维护外经贸企业的合法权益，如与班轮公会、运价协议组织、船公司、港口码头、货运代理、船务代理等运 输环节单位进行业务对话, 争取取消或降低不合理收费项目，降低外贸成本，增强国际竞争力；与海关、检 验检疫、税务、外汇等管理部门保持密切联系,通过协商对话，解决外贸企业的难点问题。
Brief Introduction of China Shippers’
Association(China Foreign Trade & Economic
Cooperation Enterprises Association)
The association was established in 1989. It is a legal person entity registered with the Ministry of Civil Affairs. It is a non-profit organization representing foreign trade enterprises all over China. The association does not engage in any activities that contradict with the interest or benefits of its members.
Its main functions are as follows:
1. Research and investigate hot and difficult issues concerning foreign trade or economic cooperation or shippers affairs, reporting opinions and suggestions to government authorities concerned for their reference in policy decision and law making.
2. Engage in foreign trade professional training & testing.
3. Safeguard the rights and interests of the importers and exporters or shippers. Discuss with liners or carries, port authorities, freight forwarding associations, shipping agencies, to lower down or abolish unreasonable surcharges, fees and freight rates; Consult with customs, inspection and quarantine
departments, tax bureaus, etc. to solve problems occurring in the trade process.
4. Carry out co-operations and exchanges with shippers organizations all over the world.
5. Holding seminars on foreign trade policies and professional knowlage or practices.
6. Organize or participate trade exhibitions both at home and abroad.
OVERVIEW OF THE ASSOCIATION